Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Week 6


Man!!! Where has the time gone?? We are already in the last week of the transfer!!! I feel like I just got here to Clark Lake and I've already been here for 2 months! This week has been awesome! We had 3 exchanges and I stayed in the area for all 3 of them. Poor Sister Judd wasn't home like all week! Sometimes I feel like I don't really have a companion! haha. :) Anyway, we were able to attend the baptism of the Brandenburg family this past Saturday. They are a couple that I was able to teach on exchanges in the Lake Sawyer ward a couple weeks ago. I just love them! We were asked to teach the 5 minute restoration while they were getting changed. We were super nervous because President and Sister Eaton were going to be there. But, it went well and President Eaton told us it was the best Restoration he had ever heard. That made us happy! But, not the point! The baptism was amazing and the Brandenburgs were SO HAPPY!!! They are going to be such strong members of the Lord's church!!
We also had dinner with a 93 year old woman this week. She is a sister in our ward and she does NOT look or act 93! She travels to Germany at least once a year and she was up and getting dishes, setting the table, and cooking! I've decided that I am going to be her when I get old! :)
We had an awesome church tour with a family we are teaching. The mother struggles with really bad anxiety and hardly ever leaves her house. She was really nervous to come on the church tour, but finally agreed to come. Her husband is Catholic and "will always be Catholic." He came as well. :) It was an amazing experience to be able to walk into the Chapel with them and see the change they felt. Lorenzo just sat there quietly taking it all in. When we asked him how he felt, all he could say was, "I feel good. Really good." Davina managed to go through the whole church tour without having a panic attack and she felt the Spirit as well! Their 9 year old daughter was quiet the whole church tour and said the prayer at the end. She thanked Heavenly Father for the opportunity they had to be in His home. It was a moment you live for as a missionary. I know that the Spirit was felt by everyone who attended the church tour. I know that the Chapel is filled with a Spirit that is unlike the Spirit in our homes. And I know that this gospel is one of change and of hope. 
I invite you all to attend church each week and partake of the Sacrament. It is the most important thing we do all week! I have seen the blessings of it in my life and I know you will see the blessings in your life! 
I love you all!!!
Sister Keele

P.S....my camera died this week...so no pictures! :'(

No comments:

Post a Comment