Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Joseph Smith Questions

Hello! How is everyone? Doing well, I hope! Last week I forgot to tell you all about the funniest thing! We were in a lesson last week with 2 members who are less active and Sister Judd was really struggling to stay awake. She hadn't slept well that night and the couch was super comfy and it was warm. Basically, it was a recipe for disaster!  We were teaching the restoration and I taught the First Vision and transitioned back to Sister Judd. She asked Agnes if she remember the question that Joseph Smith had asked. She didn't, to which Sister Judd replied, "The question that Joseph Smith asked was, 'How do I become a more successful and worthwhile missionary?'" Her eyes were closed and everything. I tried so hard to not laugh but I just couldn't help it. She looked over at me with such a confused look and said, "How about you just take it from here?" When we were done with the lesson we walked out and she turned to me and asked what she had said. She was so asleep that she had NO RECOLLECTION of what she had said. She didn't believe me that she had said that at first. It was SOOOO funny! So advice to all of those that are planning on serving missions: get sleep now while you can! :) 
We have had a great week here in Kent. Our teaching pool has changed so much since I first got here. It's so strange. But everything happens for a reason! And we found a great family this week! The mom was a referral a couple months ago but she wasn't interested then. We saw her again last week and set up an appointment with her. We had an amazing lesson on the Restoration and invited her to pray at the end. She prayed and even compared herself to Joseph Smith in the prayer. After the prayer she said that she felt peace and that she saw how this was different and that it was truly a message of hope. She committed to be baptized on August 30th! What a great birthday present! ;P
I was reading this week in Helaman 10. I love this chapter! It is when Nephi is speaking to the Lord about the people that will be destroyed if they do not repent. The Lord tells him a bunch of stuff and then tells him to go and tell the people. In verse 12 it says, "And behold, now it came to pass that when the Lord had spoken these words unto Nephi, he did stop and did not go unto his own house, but did return unto the multitudes..." I LOVE that verse! Nephi STOPPED and WENT. There was no complaining or asking why. There was only going forth with faith. That is the kind of missionary I want to be. That is the kind of child of God I want to be. I know that we can ALL be like Nephi. We need only to have willing hearts and minds. I invite you all this week to take inventory of yourselves and see where you can improve in your obedience to the Lord. Ask for His help. You will receive it! I love you all and I know that this gospel is true! I love it with all my heart! 
Have a great week! Pray hard and work hard! 
Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment