Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Oh, The Places You'll Go, July 14, 2014


Yokwe!! How is everyone? I hope everything is going well! I've enjoyed all of the snail mail I got this week and the package I got today! thank you so much! This week has been, well, interesting, to say the least! We went on exchanges this week and I stayed in Clark Lake with Sister Ripplinger. It was my first time staying in the area and so I was a little nervous that I wouldn't know the area well enough, but it was great!
Interesting story of the week: I think it was Wednesday night, Sister Judd and I were driving home for the night and the car in front of us slammed on it's breaks and we noticed that there was a guy running crazily in the street. All of a sudden, a bunch of undercover cop cars that were parked there turned on their lights and started driving trying to cut him off and trap him. He ran over to the sidewalk and the police officers got out of their cars and pulled out their gun. One of them tased the guy and he fell to the floor and they handcuffed him-guns out the whole time. It was crazy! Needless to say, we were late getting home that night. Oops. :)
On Friday Sister Judd had leadership council at the mission home so I got to spend most of the day with Hermana Clark. It was pretty interesting being in a Zebra companionship for a little bit. I loved it though! Maybe when I come home I'll be bilingual since I hear Spanish so much these days. :)
Then on Saturday we had the opportunity to do a zone service project at Lake Meridian. It was so much fun! Kent has this summer thing called "Kent Cornucopia Days" and as part of that, they have dragonboat races. We got to help the teams on and off the boat and make sure that the dragon head and tail didn't get damaged. I got a little sunburned, but not too bad. It will be gone in a few days. :) (Brooke and Brittany...start looking into dragonboat races. It's happening when I get home.) It was a really fun service project and we were able to talk with several people about the gospel! It was amazing!
This week I wanted to share with you the love I have for the Atonement. I love my Savior and I feel of His love each day. I am so grateful that He sacrificed His life for us. I have been studying about compassion and the compassion He has for us. I have realized that when we truly understand the Atonement, we have compassion for our brothers and sisters AND for ourselves. The Atonement is truly amazing! I invite each of you to learn more about the Atonement this week. Learn how to feel it, use it, and love it! You will be blessed! I can promise that!
I know that this gospel is true. I know that my Heavenly Father loves each of us. I love Him, and I love this gospel!
Much Love,
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment