Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Week 6

Wow. Time sure flies when you're havin' fun! This is the last week of the transfer and I can't believe it! This transfer has been so great and I have learned so much! As of last Wednesday, I have officially been a full-time missionary for 14 months. What?! That doesn't seem real! I feel like I just left yesterday! Again, time flies when you're havin' fun! :) 
This week was a great one! Brother Coleman received the Priesthood and a limited-use temple recommend! We are so excited for him and his family! I cannot wait until a year from now when they will be able to be sealed for all time and eternity!! There is nothing greater than seeing families become eternal!! 
We also helped with the horse I mentioned last week. She is already looking better. We brushed her tail out on Saturday. It was like one big dread-lock. There was dirt and poop just matted into it. It was so sad. It took at least 2 hours to brush it all out. As I was brushing it I was thinking about sin. It is so easy to get tangled up in sin and not even know it. But before you can do anything about it, you are so tangled up that you don't know where to start making things right. It isn't impossible, but it is hard to make it right again. We get so caught up in ourselves that we don't even realize what we are doing. BUT, the Savior of the world has made it possible! He has suffered all things for US. His infinite love overcame all. So, don't be afraid to start untangling the sin now! It will be hard! But it will not be impossible! And when you're done, it will be so worth it! :D 
I love being a missionary and I love being a part of this great work! Our Heavenly Father lives! I know it because I can feel Him all around me! I can see the evidence of His love! I can see people's lives changing because He lives! At dinner last night, a little boy said, "Hey missionaries! Did Jesus really live again?" I testify that He did. That He does. Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ are real. At that same dinner appointment, another one of their children said the prayer over the food. She said, "we are so grateful for the missionaries being here tonight. Please bless them that they will be able to find the people that need the gospel and are really looking for it." There is a reason that we are told to "become as little children." They are so close to the veil! I love this work! I testify of the truthfulness of the restored gospel. I testify of the truth that is in the Book of Mormon. I testify of the reality of a living prophet. The heavens are not closed! God continues to speak to us and guide us today! If you do not know of these truths, I invite you to find out! Pray and ask! There is nothing to lose! Only exaltation to gain! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment