Wednesday, April 15, 2015

14 Months????



Wow....I can't believe this week marks 14 months of being a full-time missionary! I have had a very eventful week. Some happy things....a few sad things. 
We'll start off with the sad. I got news today that Davina passed away. It is sad for me because I really love her and I will truly miss her. But she is free from her earthy pains and afflictions. I am so glad that I was able to see her change and grow so much from the time that I met her. I remember the day Sister Judd and I met her. I was being stubborn and didn't want to contact at the park. Sister Judd finally convinced me to "just cannonball" as she often did. We got out of the car and there was Davina, Lorenzo and the girls. We started talking to them and Davina tried to walk past us. Lorenzo stopped and engaged us. We were able to teach them the Restoration right there at the park. The lesson was half in Spanish and half in English. Davina opened up about her severe anxiety and told us that she hardly ever left the house. That day was just one rare day that Lorenzo had convinced her to go spend some time with the family. I shared some personal experiences with her and we instantly had a special connection. From that day on, she dramatically changed. She had even set a date to be baptized! I love her so much and I cannot wait to see her again! 
On Sunday, Sister Collins and I sang in church....again. :) But this time was special! We sang "Gethsemane" and Brother Olson played the violin with us! It was awesome! He did so well!
Brother Coleman was baptized on Saturday! It was an amazing day! And on Sunday, he bore his testimony during Sacrament meeting! He so simply testified of the truths that he has come to know. I, of course, cried! :) There is nothing better than seeing people come unto Christ! There is no greater joy! 
On a funny note, Sister Collins and I got home the other night and there was a card on our door. I will send a picture of it. I started laughing so hard that I cried. It was just so ironic! :)
This week, one of the members got a new horse that is boarding on her farm. We went to see the horse one day while we were doing service for her. She warned us that she cried when she saw the horse. When we saw Lilly, I was shocked. I couldn't believe that someone would let an animal get to that condition. Lilly is about 800 pounds and should be 13-1400 pounds. You can see every bone in her body. It is so sad. As I thought about it later, I realized that we can get like that spiritually. We can go without spiritual food only so long before we start to suffer. If we go too long without praying, reading our scripture, attending church, etc, we get spiritually malnourished. So, this week, I invite each of you to "let your soul delight in fatness"!! (2 Nephi 9:51) Feast on the words of Christ and delight in fatness! 
I love you all and look forward to hearing from you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment