Monday, November 17, 2014

Hello!!! This week has been good. I am more exhausted than I have EVER been, but that just means that I am working hard, right? :) I can't wait until all of our errands are done so I can go home and take a nice nap!! :) I never thought serving a mission would make me so exhausted. But, I wouldn't trade it for the world!! I love serving and I love being here in Washington! 
This week was crazy because of all the wind and the power outages. We were able to do lots of service for people and help them to get things back in order after the storm. It was sure a crazy storm! I will attach some pictures of the aftermath. :) I love doing service and knowing that we helped someone!! 
On Friday night we had a Harvest Festival for the 3rd ward and it was really fun. None of our investigators came, but some of the members that are less-active came. It was great to see everyone there. Our entertainment was provided by the bishopric who did a rendition of "Rindercella" where they told the story of Cinderella in back-talk while the rest of them acted it out. It was HILARIOUS. Everyone was dying of laughter. 
After the ward activity, we went on exchanges with Sister Heaton and Sister Alder. I went to Buckley with Sister Heaton and I loved it! Sister Heaton trained one of my MTC companions, Sister Simmons and she also served in Renton so I knew her pretty well before the exchange. She gave me lots of great advice and I learned a lot from her. She goes home in January and Sister Alder goes home in December. It's so weird to see all of the sisters that I know going home. It's unreal to me that I have been a full-time missionary for 11 months now. Mom, whoever told you that time is a rocket, is correct. I feel like time is just flying by and I can't do anything to slow it down! :P As I look back on these past 11 months, I am filled with love for my Savior and my Heavenly Father. It hasn't been easy and at times, it has been harder than anything I have ever done. BUT, I can honestly say that I have come to love every second of this mission. On my exchange with Sister Heaton she asked me if I would consider my mission to be successful thus far. I have only had 1 baptism on my mission and to some people, that would be a failure. However, I can say that I am pleased with how my mission has gone. I am pleased with the efforts I have made and with the experiences I have had. Baptisms do NOT equal success. Invitations, DO. 
I love this work and I have a stronger testimony of my Savior than I ever have. I have felt Him near me more than I have before. I KNOW He suffered and died and ROSE AGAIN for ME. I will forever be indebted to Him. I know my Heavenly Father lives and loves me. And I know that the Atonement covers all. I know these things because I have prayed about them and received an answer from Heavenly Father. I know these things because I have felt them. I invite you all to do the same! In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment