Monday, November 17, 2014


Hello!!!! I hope your week has been good! Our week here has been.....interesting! Good, but definitely interesting! 
On Friday we were able to hear from Elder Hamula of the Quorum of the Seventy who spoke in this past General Conference. It was such a great experience and I loved hearing the things he had to say as a representative of Jesus Christ. After the conference, we had lunch and I was able to sit right next to Elder Hamula and hear, yet more, of his wise words! It was amazing! And I thought of Dad because Elder Hamula used to be a mission president in Washington DC. :)
The past few days we have had some pretty intense wind here. Several trees have fallen and almost everyone has lost power. When we got home last night, our power was out and it was very cold inside! Luckily, we have LOTS of blankets in our apartment! Anyway, this wind reminded me of a scripture in Helaman 5:12 " And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall." I have seen a lot of pretty big trees fall this week. I was reminded that it doesn't matter what we believe or how big we get spiritually, if our foundation is not in Christ. If our foundation is not in Christ, we will easily fall. So, I invite you all to evaluate where your foundation is. If it is in Christ, strengthen it. If it is somewhere else, move it! I know that the promise in Helaman 5:12 is real. I know that if our foundation is in Christ, we will not fall when the fierce winds come. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I am so thankful that He atoned for my sins so that I can move my foundation when I need to. I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father and His love for me. I know that this gospel is true and that this is the only true church on the earth today. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 


Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment