Monday, April 28, 2014

Missions-When Nothing is out of the Ordinary


Hello family! How is everyone? I hope you are all doing well! Life here in Puyallup is great! This week was...well, kind of strange. It was a great week, just strange. Which explains the subject line of the email....I'll tell you more about it throughout this email :) Just warning you though, some of it is pretty disgusting. 
I'll start off with the gross story so we get it over with pretty quickly. :) So there is a trailer park in our area that a couple of members live in and some people that have investigated in the past. We went there several times this week and met this guy the first day we were there. He was sitting outside his trailer with several cats surrounding him. While talking with him we discovered that he has SIXTEEN cats!!! That is A LOT of cats. But, that is not the disgusting part. As we were talking with him, one of his cats felt the need to go to the bathroom fairly close to us. The cat farted and had disgusting diarrhea. It was so gross and the guy just laughed and said, "you didn't have to go where we could see AND hear you!" Sister Hopkins and I were mortified. It was probably the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Also, I've never heard a cat fart before. That was weird. (Mom, you don't have to post that story on my blog. :))
I learned a lot this week about how Heavenly Father truly is looking out for us and that He has a plan, even if we can't see it. I have been struggling feeling like we are in this alone in this area because there are not many people who are willing to help us. On Sunday at ward council, I went in prepared to be disapointed. However, Heavenly Father had a way different plan. He showed me that the members really are willing to help and they love this work. Not only did that happen, several of the members that are less-active that we have been visiting were at church! And we had an investigator there! It was amazing! Then, this morning in my personal study, I read in Alma 29. Verse 3 says, "But behold, I am a man, and do sin in my wish; for I ought to be content with the things which the Lord hath allotted unto me." I realized that I had been wishing for things to be different here. That I was wishing the members would know what we needed without us having to shove it in their faces. But that is not what the Lord has given me. I am learning so much about humility here! It's great! :) 
We had exchanges with the STL's this week. It was great! I love exchanges because they allow me to learn from other sisters! Sister Taylor came to my area and Sister Hopkins went to hers with Sister Wolfe. Sister Taylor is amazing. She taught me so much! 
We had a mission devotional last night for members, their friends, recent converts, and investigators. Sister Hopkins and I sang in the mission choir. We sang "Sweet Hour of Prayer" and our mission hymn, "Hark All Ye Nations." It went well and the Spirit was definitely felt by many! There were so many people in attendance! The whole Chapel was filled and the cultural hall was filled almost all the way back to the stage! And it was our first one! I got to see Angie there! It was great to see her! She should be getting baptized next month! I am so excited for her! I WILL be there! :D 
Well, that is about all there is to report this week! Wait, have any of you been studying from Preach my Gospel? If not, you should definitely get a copy and study from it! It was great that we, as members, were counseled to read it in this past General Conference! Preach my Gospel is not just for missionaries! It helps us ALL to know how we can improve and become more like our Savior! 
Stay strong, Pray fervently, and Live courageously! I love you all!
Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment