Monday, April 7, 2014


Hello family! This week has been great! I love my new area and my new companion! Her name is Sister Hopkins and she is from Provo and has been out almost a year. We get along great and have lots of fun, almost too much fun! haha! So the apartment that we are in has had missionaries for a really long time and there's a bunch of random stuff in the apartment. We have two bedrooms and there's one bedroom with a bunch of bags of clothes and other random things, so we decided to go through it on one of our lunch breaks. The clothes were ridiculous...definitely from the 90's. haha. Sister Hopkins put on almost all of the clothes, at the same time. We took a picture and we were laughing SO HARD. I will send you that picture in a different email. :) We also found a Nerf gun and a little spud shooter. We have been having fun with those during our lunch and dinner breaks. haha. Missions are so much fun! :) 
Now to explain the subject of this email. To make a long story short, there's a kid that lives in our apartment complex that is a complete spaz. He sort of terrifies me. haha. I got out of the car one day to go eat dinner and he came over on his bike and was trying to run my feet over. Yes, this little 6 year old kid was trying to run my feet over with his bike. I was trying to get away from him and so I put my hand on his shoulder and kind of jumped to the side. He then screamed out, "haha!!! You touched me! Now you're a slobber zombie!!!" I almost died laughing. This kid also likes to tell people that he's John Sena (I think I spelled that correctly). He came up to us one day and said, "I'm John Sena! You can't see me!!!" and then told us we had better good or he would get us. Hence, why the child sort of terrifies me. haha.  
Now on to more important things. :) We had a lesson with one of our investigators who is basically a less active member, but has never been baptized. He went to the singles ward in Everett for 2 years and loved it and was taught all of the lessons, but wasn't baptized. We asked him how his Book of Mormon reading has been going and we were a little disappointed because he said he hadn't really read. But then we asked him how his prayers have been going and he lit up! He said that he felt like he had been forgiven as soon as his prayer was done. And that he felt so good inside and that the feeling was almost too much to hold inside. We read Doctrine and Covenants 9 with him and explained that that was the Holy Ghost. We invited him to be baptized on May 10th. He is now praying about that day! We texted him a few days ago and asked how his prayers have been going he said that he felt enlightened. Hopefully he will recognize the answers to his prayers, along with that great feeling!
Did you all get a chance to watch conference? I hope so! It was so good! If not, it should be online in the next few days! I loved every second of it! Conference is like Christmas to missionaries! And it comes 2 times a year, not just once! :D I really liked the talk about being grateful. I can't remember who gave the talk though. He said that we shouldn't be grateful FOR things but that we should be grateful IN our circumstances, no matter what they are. He told a story about a man that went to a restaurant to eat. At the end of the meal, the waiter came and asked how the meal was. The man replied with, "It was great, as usual. But more bread would have made it even better." The next day the man came back and the waiter doubled the amount of bread. At the end of the meal, the man still had the same reply. The same thing happened the next day when the waiter, again, doubled the amount of bread. Finally, the next day the man came back again and the waiter had a great idea. She grabbed a 9 foot long loaf of bread and cut it in half and gave it to the man. At the end of the meal she asked how it was. The man replied with, "It was great, but I see you're back to only giving 2 pieces of bread." I hope that we can all be grateful in our circumstances, no matter what they are. There is always something to be grateful for. Last night we were talking with a family that are potential investigators. We told them this story and her young boy said, "What if I'm being bullied at school? Is there something good in that?" His mom looked at him, concerned, and was about to reply when her son said, "Well, I guess if I got pushed to the floor, I could find a lucky quarter!" We established that her son was not being bullied at school and kind of moved on. I thought about his comments after we left and realized, that even in the worst of times, we can find that lucky quarter. The Savior is that goodness for us. He understands us completely and unconditionally. I am so grateful for that! I hope that this week we can find the good in our circumstances, no matter what! 
I love you all! Have a great week! 
Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment