Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 21, 2014


Hola Familia!! How are you all? I hope you all had a great Easter celebrating the Resurrection of our Savior! If you haven't gotten a chance to, check out the video on easter.mormon.org It is a great video titled "Because of Him" that really touched my heart! I'm sure you will all enjoy it! 
On to this week! This week was an interesting one. We have been struggling with meeting our goals each day and feeling like we haven't succeeded. I have been slowly realizing that it isn't our numbers that matter. If we witness a miracle and can't count it as a lesson, oh well! It counts to us and to Heavenly Father! I'm so glad that I have been given this chance to realize that!
We live in this apartment complex that has little pods of 4 apartments grouped in a circle. There are about 10 pods and next to ours, there is a little playground for the kids. There's a little boy that always plays there named Colin and he is a little bugger. But so cute! He lives with his grandma and when we found that out, I admit, I judged his parents for not being there. All I could thing was how sad it was that this little 6 year old boy was being raised by his grandmother because his parents couldn't do it. But, I learned a lesson when Colin wanted us to meet his grandmother. We ended up talking to her for about 45 minutes and in the course of our conversation, we found out that Colin's father isn't around because he is very sick and has some pretty bad heart problems. He has just had a pacemaker put in and is waiting for a heart transplant. I felt so bad for judging them righteously. It is by no fault of their own that they cannot be there to raise their child. It just showed me how much we need to always give people the benefit of the doubt. We are ALL Heavenly Father's children and we ALL deserve to be treated as such! This was reiterated on Sunday when our Stake President got up and spoke in Sacrament meeting. He said, "Is deservedness criteria for charity? NO!" He then went on to talk about how we are trying to become like Jesus Christ and He performed the Atonement for us when we did not deserve it, even a little bit! I am so grateful for that! And I am grateful for being able to learn this lesson this week! I am truly learning so much! 
There isn't much more to report this week! But I am VERY blessed to be serving a mission! I love it so much and I am so excited for what is to come in the future! I love you all! Have a great week!!!
Love, 
Sister Keele
P.S....HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!!!! I LOVE YOU SISTER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment