Saturday, January 24, 2015

January 20, 2015

First off, transfers have come and gone and I'M STAYING IN ENUMCLAW WITH SISTER COLLINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited and pumped for the next 6 weeks! We have a couple baptisms planned and are excited to see some of the people we love enter the waters of baptism! Dejia is getting baptised this weekend and she is really excited! She is so mature for 10 and has a wonderful understanding of the gospel! She will be baptised by her father, who was recently re-activated. It is going to be such a wonderful, spiritual day! 
Secondly, they say, "You are what you eat." In that case, I think I'm turning into pizza. No one knows what to feed Sister Collins since she is allergic to meat. So she gets fed her favorite food all the time. Her favorite food happens to be pizza. That's great. But when you are fed pizza 3 nights a week, it gets old. Real fast. LOL. I am learning to LOVE the members that understand that pizza is not the only option for a vegetarian! :) 
This week I have learned a lot about doing all that you can. I have been thinking a lot lately about the efforts that I am putting forth as a missionary. I have wondered if there is more I should or could be doing. President Eaton shared a scripture with me that helped me a lot. It is Doctrine and Covenants 123:16-17 "You know, brethren, that a very large ship is benefited very much by a very small helm in the time of a storm, by being kept workways with the wind and the waves.
Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed."
It is our job to do all that we can. There are some things that are simply out of our control. Like other people's agency. :) So, we do all that we can, and then stand still and watch the salvation of God at work! It is truly amazing when we do that! 
I love my Savior and my Heavenly Father! I am so grateful for all that they do for me! I am eternally indebted to them! I love this work that I am a part of and I love seeing people come unto Christ! It is amazing! There are not words to describe it sufficiently! 

Have a great week and remember the Lord in your lives each day! 
Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment