Thursday, January 1, 2015

December 15, 2014


Hey everyone!! How's it going?? Things here in Enumclaw are great! We had both of our ward Christmas parties and they were so much fun! In 3rd ward we did a morning activity where we wrote letters to missionaries and wounded soldiers and did a food drive and blanket drive for the food banks and shelters in the area. One of the families in that ward goes every year to Seattle to the areas where there are a lot of homeless people and they give them blankets and a lunch. This year they collected things for 75 bags. They had a great time and their testimonies were strengthened! In 2nd ward we had dinner and a show! The youth put on a play about the true meaning of Christmas. It was actually a re-enactment of a Mormon Message that I will attach to this email! It was a great evening to get to know people and re-learn the true meaning of Christmas! 
We got a referral this week from someone in the jail here in Enumclaw. We had no idea who we were going to see, we just got a request for a Book of Mormon. We went to the jail, asked for the officer that contacted us and learned that the Book of Mormon was for an inmate. We asked if he wanted to talk with us and he said yes. We were able to meet with this man who has been a member for about a year and a half. It was just one of those times when you knew that his past life had just found him again. I could just tell that he so badly wanted to go back to church and get out of that place. It was a weird, but good experience. 
On a funny note, a goat spit at me this week. I didn't even know goats spit. I knew llamas did, but goats? We were feeding for a member this week while she was out of town and I always love playing with the goat. It's the friendliest goat. Until this week. I walked into the goats area with her hay and the goat just kept head-butting me. I pushed her away and she ran in-between my legs and jumped up. I thought I was going to fall over but luckily caught myself. Then Rennie (the goat) starting hitting her head on the gate like she normally does when she wants to be pet. So I started scratching her head and she spit at me!!! I think she has lost her mind. The whole time this is happening, Sister Collins is just standing there laughing at me! It was the weirdest thing of my life. I got abused by a goat. 
Anyway, this week I just want you all to know how much I love this gospel. I know that it is the only way back to our Heavenly Father! There is an urgency in this! We cannot procrastinate the day of our repentance! We do not know when Christ will come again. But we can be prepared now! We do not want to be like the virgins whose lamps were empty. We want to be the ones that filled their lamps each and every day by praying, reading their scriptures, and serving God. I invite you all this week to do something each day to fill your lamps! If you do so, you will be prepared! I love you all and pray for you each day!!!

Love, 
Sister Keele




No comments:

Post a Comment