Monday, August 18, 2014

August 18, 2014

Oh my goodness!!! Today marks 8 months that I have been a full-time missionary. Where in the world has the time gone?! I feel so blessed to be a part of this great work! Each day, I succeed at doing the impossible. Each day I feel the Savior leading and guiding me! How great is this work! 
That goes along with what I wanted to share with you all today. The church recently released a new Mormon Message, "The Hope of God's Light." It is the true story of Todd Sylvester. You can watch it here: http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=3701964025001
We sometimes expect answers to our prayers right away. That is not how it works most of the time. Like Todd, we can get answers 700 days after the prayer was said. Heavenly Father's timing is perfect. "God promises to illuminate the way before us; no matter how long it takes." He gives us our answers line upon line, precept upon precept. "It takes an act of faith to open our eyes to the light of Christ." When we act on that faith, the way WILL be illuminated. I know that Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be happy. I have felt that warm feeling like a hug and there is no denying it. God is here. God is real. We just need to be patient and wait for His plan to be revealed to us. I love this gospel and I love being able to witness that change take place in others and to be able to see them as they will become. It is the most amazing feeling! 
I am so grateful for these past 8 months and for the next 10 months I have to be a full-time servant of the Lord. I invite you all to seek God in your lives more this week. You will feel that love and you will WANT it in your lives every day, all day! I love you all!

God is here!

Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment