Monday, August 11, 2014


Talofa!!! If you couldn't tell, I've learned a few Samoan words this week!! I love serving here in Kent!! I meet so many different people from all over the world and I absolutely love it!! This week was great! We are working with a family that I absolutely love! We met them at the park when Sister Judd was here and it was a miracle that we even met them! The mom struggles a lot with anxiety and we met her on the only night she had been out of her house in a long time. We had a lesson with them at the park right then and have been meeting with them ever since. I was able to really connect with the mom that night at the park and yesterday she told me that when I shared my experiences with them, that was when she really started listening. It made me so happy that I was able to be an instrument in Heavenly Father's hands in that way. I know that we go through specific experiences in life for specific reasons! Even though we go through hard things, it is all for a perfect reason in God's perfect plan!! The mom in this family has been through SO MUCH in her life and she has learned so much and become so much because of it. She has 6 amazing children who she loves very much. Her husband has been by her side for 17 years and they love each other! When we first met them, she was reluctant to even go on a church tour because of her anxiety. Yesterday, SHE CAME TO CHURCH!!!!! It is the best feeling to be able to literally SEE the Spirit working in people. You can see the change that starts when people feel the Spirit. The best part is that they are noticing the difference too! 
I love this gospel and I love being a missionary! It is the best thing I have ever been a part of! I have decided that I am never coming home!! LOL!! JK, mom...I know you wouldn't allow that! Funny story, a couple weeks ago I went on an exchange with a sister that is going home in just a few weeks. We were talking about how going home is going to be so weird and how we want to be missionaries forever. That night I had a dream that I went home and as soon as I got off the plane, Mom told me I was getting released in 5 minutes. I didn't like that idea and so I ran away from President Larsen. The remainder of my dream was President Larsen chasing me as I avoided getting released. Serving a mission is just so great! I never want it to end! 
Anyway, I love you all so much! I hope that you all have a great week full of joy and love! Especially love from our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! 
Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment