Thursday, January 16, 2014


December 20, 2013

Anywho, the MTC is fantastic!! I have 2 companions, Sister Copen and Sister Simmons. They are both from Nevada and they are awesome!! We taught our first investigator today. Her name is Sarah. She doesn't really think that God loves her and wants to be in her life. It's pretty sad. During the lesson we invited her to pray to know that Heavenly Father does love her and she did. The Spirit was so strong!!
This morning we had Zone Teaching which is basically zone conference in the MTC and we talked about the doctrine of Christ. It was amazing. We learned that our purpose is the same as the Godhead's purpose, to help people live with Heavenly Father again (Moses 1:39). We are representatives of Jesus Christ and should BECOME like Him. Acting like a monkey and becoming a monkey are very different things. As are having Christ-like attributes and becoming like Christ. We don't just want more Mormons. We want people to be truly converted and to become like Christ so that they can live with our Heavenly Father again. 
Sister Copen, Sister Simmons and I were asked to be Sister Training Leaders for our zone...so basically we are the female version of zone leaders. I feel like I am not qualified to look after these Sisters. I have realized how much I need my Heavenly Father in EVERYTHING that I do. I am not anything without Him. Sister Copen was sharing with us what her Stake President said to her just before she left. I really liked it so I'm just going to put my name in. "The less you think about Breanne and the more you think about Sister Keele, the representative and disciple of Jesus Christ, the more successful your mission will be." I am not Breanne anymore. I am Sister Keele. I wear our Savior's name on my heart and it is my job to do, say, think, and act like He would. I don't need to worry about or focus on Breanne anymore. It is ALL about bringing people to Christ. How awesome is that?!
So, Sister Copen and I figured out that we both went to BYU-I during the winter and spring and that we both lived in Mountain Pines. If that wasn't crazy enough, she lived in 206 and I lived in 213!! Weird!! AND she knows Kella!!! So shout out to Kella the Jet!! 
I love you all and I hope you are all doing well and are all happy! I know Heavenly Father loves us and only wants for us to get back home to Him! It is never too late, or too early! Pray to Him, and He will answer your prayers and guide you in your life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment