Friday, May 30, 2014

Captain's Log, May 27, 2014


Hello familia! How are things in Sunny Southern California?! Hopefully you are all doing great! Things here this week have been hard, but they are getting better! We had some really awesome training on Family History this past Thursday and then on Friday we had a GREAT Zone Conference! I learned so much this week during those meetings, and even more outside of our meetings. I have been learning about truly relying on our Savior and having patience and charity. These are HARD things to learn, but they are so worth it. There is a song by Nashville Tribute called, "The Hardest Thing I Ever Loved." It is so how I feel! There's another one called "Stronger" that fits perfectly as well. If you haven't heard them, you should definitely look them up! It's on their CD "The Work" and it's a tribute to missionary work. So many of those songs fit perfectly with how most missionaries feel. This work is the hardest thing I've ever loved to do. It truly makes me stronger and I am so grateful to be here! 
I wanted to share some of the things I learned this week from our trainings. In our family history meeting we were talking about receiving the full blessings of family history. When we ONLY do genealogy work or ONLY do temple work, we are receiving half of the blessings. We need to do BOTH genealogy and temple work to receive the full blessings! We have the obligation to do the work for our ancestors! The Brother that was teaching the class said something that really struck me.  He said something like, "Some of our ancestors have already received the witness that what the missionaries teach is true. If we don't do their work, they cannot have eternal life." I thought about people that I love that have passed away without the knowledge of the gospel. When they come to know that this gospel is true, they need to have the opportunity to accept baptism. That is OUR job to help them with! What a great blessing that is! 
He also showed us a website Puzilla.org. It's a super cool website on Family History that connects your line with all of your cousins! It's a really neat tool! 
We talked a lot about the Atonement at Zone Conference. President Eaton said several things that I loved. He said that succor means to run to someone's relief. The Savior went through the Atonement so that He could succor us. How cool is that?! He runs to our relief as soon as we ask for His help!! He also said, "The Atonement is the wind at our backs and our faith is the sail that catches the winds." The Atonement gives us what we need to go throughout this life. It is the wind that carries us and gives us the push we need! I am so grateful for my Savior and all that He has done for me! I invite you all to seek our the Savior this week in all that you do. I promise you that you will find that He is in every aspect of your life. You will literally FEEL His presence in your life! As you pray and ask for His guidance, He will pour out His blessings upon you! 
I love you all and hope that you all have a GREAT week!!!
Love, 
Sister Keele

P.S.....We have a baptism on Thursday!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment