Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Monday, June 9, 2014


Hello Family!
This week has been so crazy! It started with a great exchange in Ridgecrest with Sister Sharpe and is ending with a transfer. I have mixed emotions about this week, but I know that everything that has happened is in Heavenly Father's plan for me! 

It was hard to say "goodbye" to the people here in Sunrise. It's funny how you come to love people so much in such a little amount of time. I have only been here for 10 weeks and I feel like I have known these people for years! I will definitely miss them, but I know that I will love the people in Clarke Lake as well! I am excited for what the Lord has in store for me these next couple of weeks! 

As I was in the hospital this week, Sister Cox said something to me that really hit me. I was struggling with pain and anxiety and she said, "The Atonement works for everything. Even this. Just remember that Christ felt what you are feeling now and that He can help you through it." I had never really thought about the Atonement working in situations like that. But as I thought more about it, I realized how silly I had been to not recognize Christ in that part of my life. He should be in every thing, big or small. And being in the hospital is definitely a big thing! I was able to feel the power of the Atonement and Priesthood blessings that day. Before I left for the hospital, my district leader and his companion came and gave me a blessing. The first thing that the blessing said strengthened my testimony of the Priesthood even more. I was so worried that the doctors would find something that I would have to be sent home for and that scared me so much. I don't want to go home early...or even at all sometimes. I could be a missionary forever and be just fine! Anyway, the first thing the blessing said was, "You will stay on your mission for the whole time period." I was so thankful that Heavenly Father was so aware of me. I NEEDED to hear that and I needed to hear it from a trusted source. You can't have a more trusted source than Heavenly Father and I am so glad that He knows me and knows what I need! I invite you all to pray to our Heavenly Father this week and ask Him to help you feel of His love more fully. I promise you that as you do so, He will answer your prayers! I know that, because I have felt it and I have seen it in the lives of those around me. Heavenly Father is waiting to bless us, we just need to ask! 
I love you all!
Love, 
Sister Keele

No comments:

Post a Comment